Friday 13 September 2013

Transferring pictures taken on your camera to the amazon kindle fire hd with out a laptop

The short answer is no, you can’t. I’m sorry, but that is just the way it is.


Though, all hope is not lost despite this dreadful news. There are two major avenues you may go down.


The first is to simply email the photos to yourself and acquire them to the Kindle. This process will work fine if you simply need several holiday snaps or pictures of the little nephew’s birthday or whatever, but its not much use for the great deal of pictures.


The 2nd method is little more refined. With a hard drive, you are able to transfer pictures comparatively quickly from one device to another, this will allow you to transfer a better amount of photos but will likely take much less time.


The most suitable choice, I think, is probably the second one, especially when you hunt down the “eye-Fi” SD card, fitting with most recent cameras (though, as always, it’s surely best to double check). Sime, of The Digital Photography Educate site, was clearly impressed. In his review, he said,


“With the Eye-Fi X2 card, I could upload full res photos from my NEX 5  to my iPhone and then do what I wanted with them [Instagram / Facebook / Flickr etc] when you’re using the X2 card, you can connect the camera directly to your iPhone / iPad without having to use a Wifi router etc… You can also use the Eye-Fi app on your phone [iPhone and Android] to upload your images to your computer / Flickr etc. Yep – works, works well”.


He then gave an individual account of that Eye-Fi’s usefulness, that I’ve re-printed here.


“My wife and I went to the zoo with our almost-three year old a couple of weeks back and I had a look through her images afterwards, realising that there were images from her camera dating back to… well, when I gave her the camera! She’s currently using a 32GB SDHC card in there, and just leaves everything on the card! When I asked if she had copied any on to her computer, I was told “That’s too hard / I don’t have time / Where’s the cable” (Yes, a combo of the three, I didn’t press for details…;) So – I cunningly swapped out the existing card for the Eye-Fi card, loaded the app on her Macbook and added it to start when her computer starts, but to hide in the background (This is an option in the application) so basically, the camera connects to her laptop whenever it can and copies the photographs across – they are there, ready to use. Guess who won ‘awesome technical husband of the week award?’ (Obviously a lot of you are tech savvy, but well… )”


Never let it be said I disregard an issue of yours without making a suggestion of my own.


You’ll permit me a brief tangent, there is a line in a single of the beloved books of my teen years ‘Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood & Sweatsocks’ by Mick Foley (which is the great book about life generally, even if you aren’t a wrestling fan) that Mick says, “I had always felt that it is not good enough to shoot something down – It is best to have a answer”. Take that and run with it, reprobates.



Transferring pictures taken on your camera to the amazon kindle fire hd with out a laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment